Okay, so apparently I am way overdue to write a new blog... what can I say? I forget sometimes... so anyway, I thought that I would provide Jamie with a blog for her reading pleasure :)
Last time that I blogged, it was December... it's now February. 2009.
Christmas was pleasant. I got a new ipod nano (since my blackberry and ipod were stolen from the gym right before Christmas). I also got clothes, stuff for the house, gift card to Nordy's,. shoes... I must have been a good girl this year :) New Years Eve was also a good time. Eddie and I had decided to just have a little soiree this year with a few good friends over to the house for some pizza, wine, board games, music, karaoke... somehow our 12 friends turned into 25 people in our house! We don't live in a gigantic house... less than 1000 SF. So it was a bit crowded. It was such a good time. I was wasted and the house was a disaster. But totally worth it. People started to leave shortly after midnight and a few of us stumbled our way down to Zeno's - our favorite Victorian Village bar. All in all it was the perfect way to ring in 2009.
2009 has been a decent year so far... besides the fact that the economy is in the shitter and everyone is in fear of losing their job, it's been an okay start to the new year.
I did apply for a position within the hospital in the HIM department (stands for Health Information Management). It's for a Training Coordinator position. So I applied and interviewed with 5 women last Wednesday. I was nervous. No doubt about that. I had to present a presentation showcasing all of my training and creative skills. I worked really hard on it and from the looks and sounds of things, I think that I impressed the ladies. My super good friend, Jamie (who this blog is dedicated to, hehe) works for HIM as a Systems Analyst. She was a part of the interviewing process as well. She gave me a little feedback and told me that I did really well and knock it out of the park! I hope that is enough for me to get the job. I will be heartbroken if I don't get the offer, but will completely understand if there is someone else who is a better fit. Hopefully I will know sooner than later. If offered, I will be so happy to embrace this new challenge. I will be sure to update you with a new blog once I hear something...
I am still working out and sticking to my diet plan. We're going to Hawaii in 3 months so that continues to be my motivation.
Yesterday was Valentine's Day... not the worlds biggest fan of the day. Eddie apparently is way more into it than me. He bought me roses and chocolates... which I told him he needs to eat. We went to the store and bought two fresh live lobsters and filets, two delicious bottles of wine, red roasted potatoes, brocolli, and cheesecake to top it all off. Needless to say, I was impressed. I set the table with our china that we received for our wedding, lit some candles, we played some jazz music while we prepared dinner and sipped on our wine. It was a very romantic evening, to say the very least. He knows how to wine and dine his wife :)
Tomorrow, February 16th, is the four year anniversary of my Grandmother Charlene's death. Damn do I miss her. She would have been 80 this past December - and probably would have looked not a day over 65. I still can't figure out why she was taken from us so prematurely. But apparently she was needed more someplace else than she was here on earth. I missed her so much at our wedding and I know that she would have been beside herself to see the first African American man become President of the United States of America. I am beginning to forget her scent... I dreamt about her the other night but she wouldn't turn around to see me. All I remember was that I was very upset when I woke up. I know that my mom misses her more than her heart can stand. They were best friends. I hear and see my grandmother in my mom more often than not. For example, just last weekend my mom and I went to see Slumdog Millionaire (excellent movie, by the way) and she reacted to some of the parts in the movie just like my grandmother would have. I just had to sit there and laugh. Quietly, of course. My grandmother was beautiful, amazing, intelligent, witty, vivacious, loving... she never met a stranger. I remember how much she adored Eddie and was so happy for my happiness. Unfortunately, we had only been dating less than a year before she passed. I wish that they could have had a chance to get to know one another better. Anyway, I miss her dearly. There isn't a day that passes where I don't stop to think of her. She is in my heart and soul forever. Rest in peace sweet grandma, Charlene Adeline Patterson.
Until next time,
Ciao
Sunday, February 15, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Aw, it breaks my heart to read about your Grandma. Bless your heart!
Aw, Thanks for the blog mere'sy :)
It's so amazing the way that certain people affect our lives. I'm so sorry your grandma was taken away like that.
Post a Comment