Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Happy Spring... well, sort of!

So according to the weather man, Spring has officially sprung... but it is currently 30 degrees and snowing outside. So I am going to go ahead and call him a liar!! This is bullsh*t. If I had one wish in this world it would be to only see snow on Christmas Day. That's it. That's all that I ask for... they have machines that make snow for cryin' out loud! It was 60 degrees and lovely outside just a short 72 hours ago... and now, I am back to warming up my car prior to leaving for work. I hate it. I'm not usually one for complaining, but geesh, this crap has got to go.

On a much, much lighter note... we depart for the tropical paradise better known as Hawaii in 46 days. I am on the countdown (have been since we had 80-some days left to go). It's just at my fingertips... I can taste the salt from the ocean now! I am so excited to bask in the hawaiian sun and just relax with some delicious adult beverages and some excellent company. May 23rd is definitely taking her sweet time getting here.

Okay, so obviously I am REALLY bad at posting blogs. I guess that I normally don't have anything too exciting to share... besides, I am pretty sure that only Jamie and Kat read my blogs :( But that's okay... I love you both - oh totally off the subject, CONGRATULATIONS Kat and Jonathan on your engagement! I am so happy for the both of you. Okay, now where was I?! Oh yes, how horrible I am keeping up with my blogs...

So in my last blog, which was February 15th, I talked a lot about the Training Coordinator position that I had interviewd for the week prior... well, I got the job!! I have been in the position since March 16th and I absolutely love it. I love the atmosphere and the projects that are in store for me. I am still getting acclimated with the department. I officially have my own office, with a door (not invisible anymore) that I can actually shut!! Holy hell... I love it. I am looking forward to doing new things and working with lots of different people. Yay for me!

I am still working out - although I have slacked tremendously over the last 2wks. I went last night and my legs are oober sore. Like I can barely cross them at this very moment. I see no results and that definitely plays a part in my "slacking" funk. I am an 'instant gratification kinda girl... I want results and I wanna see 'em now! Ugh, the things that women go through :)


Married life is fabulous and I couldn't be happier (I can't believe that we've been married nearly one year already!!). I am married to the absolute love of my life and my best friend. I wish that everyone was as lucky in love as I am today! Unfortunately, some people think that settling is better than being alone. Little do they realize just how lonely they are by settling... think about it. Life is too short... I spent 4yrs of my life in an unhappy relationship and vowed to myself after the relationship ended that I would NEVER allow myself to become "that girl" ever again. My momma raised me better than that. If it meant being alone for the rest of my life, then so be it. It would have been worth being alone and being happy with myself than spending my time miserably with someone whom I didn't even truly love. I have always loved the quote "Life is what happens while you're making other plans". So true! The love that I feel for Eddie is indescrible. He lights up my life and I couldn't imagine anyone else to grow old with. I sit here and listen to friends complain about their sucky love life and how they just want to leave but are scared to. OMG, just do it already and move the heck on with your life. I could literally sit here and write a novel on how I feel about stupid girls when it comes to love... But instead I will say this:

"If you want your life to be a magnificent story, then begin by realizing that you are the author and everyday you have the opportunity to write a new page".

Ciao, for now...






1 comment:

Matt said...

I read your blog too! Jamie and I are having a great time out here in CA... we will need to synch up and drink some vino when we get back, and possibly an early anniversary dinner before you guys leave for Hawaii!