Friday, November 14, 2008

Long time no blog....

Wow! It's been a long time since I last blogged. So many things have happened over the last few months. So brace yourself... this one may be a long one!!

First of all, we got ourselves a new President!! BARACK OBAMA! I cannot even begin to tell you how excited I am about the change that America is taking. It's about damn time. We are in such a horrible recession right now that change is the only thing that is going to kick this financial crisis in it's ass! I cried, literally tears and tears, on Tuesday November 4th, 2008 when Barack Obama became the new President Elect. I was overcome with emotions when I saw all of the many faces... black, white, asian, indian, young, old, male, female... that stood together in Grant Park in Chicago on that night. Your average, every day person that had one thing in common that night. The ability to believe in this man, who just 4yrs ago, people knew very little about. They believed in Change. When I woke up the next morning I felt different. I felt proud and honored that people finally saw this man for who he is and what he stands for... and not for the color of his skin. What a milestone we have crossed.


Obama Pictures, Images and Photos


Eddie and I got the Columbus Dispatch and USA Today first thing the next morning... I cannot wait to tell my children about the history that took place on this day. Since the announcement of President Elect Obama, things just feel different. I feel empowered and liberated. I feel proud to be an American.

So, onto other business.... the holidays are officially here! We just celebrated Thanksgiving and Eddie and I just celebrated our 6 month wedding anniversary!! Holy sh*t! I cannot believe how fast time has flown. I literally just feel like we got engaged (it was a year ago on November 3rd, 2007)... and now, we've already been married for 6 months!? We're going to Hawaii (!!) for our 1 year anniversary - a paid for vacation to Maui compliments of my sister and brother-in law, Rachel and Brian. Geesh, it doesn't get any better than that! So Eddie and I will fly out to Maui on Saturday May 23rd 2009 and meet up with Rachel and Brian for 7 glorious days in the Hawaiian sun and sand. We absolutely cannot wait. maui Pictures, Images and Photos

So, seeing as how Christmas is right around the corner, we have decided that we are just going to lay low this holiday season. No big gifts, Eddie and I are just doing little stocking stuffers for each other! Saving our money for Hawaii seems like the smartest thing to do right now... besides, there really isn't anything that I want or even need right now. So we're focusing on immediate family only. Besides, Christmas is not about giving or receiving, it's about being with each other and spending time together :)

Work is still the same ol' blah... will I ever be in a happy place with my job?! I often wonder what it would be like to come to work and truly be happy. I think that I have it sort of pin pointed down to reason why I am so discontent with my job... the fact that I have no room to grow!! I feel like I am literally busting at the seams with ideas and opinions... and no one wants to listen. I want to move into management (because SOMETHING needs to be done with the management around here!) and I fear that I will never get to that point if I stay within Homecare. I have interviewed within the hospital and thought that I did exceptionally well in those interviews... but, much to my dismay, I haven't gotten a single offer. I have applied to Ohio State I don't know how many times. And I will continue to submit my resume and apply for jobs. I am starting back to school in January... I will be studying Marketing and Communications at Franklin and am beyond estactic about this! Crazy as it may sound, I miss the classroom. I totally see myself doing some form of marketing. I even mentioned to my VP that I was going back to school for Marketing and for her to please keep her mind open to creating a maketing position here for Homecare & Hospice. I honestly feel like I have made a really good reputation for myself, not only within Homecare, but at the hospital and with the other companies that we work closely with. I guess that I am just caught in a rut.
Rut: noun, verb, rut-ted, rut-ting. a fixed or established mode of procedure or course of life, usually dull or unpromising: to fall into a rut.
Yep, that is totally me. I guess that it could be a lot worse... I could have no job at all! I just know that I have so much to offer... and yet here I still sit. Woe is me, right?!

On a much happier and brighter note, I am on a workout mission! We started this little "10lbs for $10" deal at work... and even though it has completely fizzled, I am still working out and eating right (even over Thanksgiving I ate right and didn't stuff myself!). So I am going to the advanced step classes on Mondays and Wednesdays and on Saturday mornings I go to the gym and do the treadmill, the eliptical, or the stationary bike for about 30-35 minutes. I also throw a little cardio in there as well! I feel all sorts of energized after a good workout. I was totally into it prior to the wedding and the honeymoon... then with such a busy summer and fall, I completely pushed my workout regimen to the back burner. Someone once told me (a few weeks before my 30th birthday) that at age thirty, your weight and metabolism all go downhill. Ut uh, not this 30yr old! Not going to happen. I didn't get married so that I can turn into a lazy slob - I still want to look damn sexy for my husband.... especially in 20-30yrs! It's not even that I am trying to lose any weight. I (as does my hubby) thinks that curves are ultra sexy! I don't want to be a beanpole. I dealt with that in high school and aquired the name "Olive Oil"... not a name that I want to become familiar with again. I just want to get toned, be in shape, have nice curves and feel sexy and confident in anything that I wear. So, that is my mission. I look forward to working out and am truly enjoying this time to myself. Its so theraputic... good for the heart and soul.


So, I guess that is about all that I have to write for this blog. Thank goodness, right?! I probably could go on and on with pointless information... but I will spare you the boring details of my life :)

Until I blog again,
Ciao.

1 comment:

Jamie said...

Well it's about damn time... ;)

I'm rooting for you to get the hell out of homecare as well!! Although I feel very lucky to have you working just right up the alley and would be so terribly sad if you moved out but wish you all the job finding luck in the world! If something ever comes open in my department you are first on my list of recommendations. :)