So it's official... I have entered the world of 30!
Let me first start out by saying that I have the BEST group of friends that a girl could ask for. My birthday wouldn't have been half of what it was without them!
Okay... so the day before my birthday, Friday the 29th, I didn't have to work!! So I treated myself to an Aveda Carribean Therapy at the aveda institute here in Columbus. Oh my heavens, it was magical. After my morning of carribean bliss, I headed home to have lunch with Eddie. Turns out, he was done for the day so that way we would be able to hit the road a bit earlier and miss out on the holiday traffic. We packed up the car, dropped Grayson off at my momma's and headed north.
As we arrived at the hotel in Port Clinton, Heather and Eric pulled up as well! After we checked ourselves in, we headed down to McCarthy's (Ed's uncles bar) to have dinner and start drinking for the weekend! After several cocktails and beers we were all feeling pretty dandy... in the meantime, everyone else was supposed to arrive sometime between 9-930p.
Around 945ish Scott, Eddie's uncle, comes up behind me and says "Meredith, there is someone here that would like to have a drink with you!". Seriously?! I know absolutely no one in Port Clinton. Other than the people that I was with. I turned to my right and saw Valerie, my sister's best friend. I looked at her like 'what the hell are you doing here'... and then I heard it. My sisters infectious laugh. I spun out of my chair and saw my sister standing there with the biggest grin on her face!! The moment was absolutely priceless. I nearly fell off of my chair. We cried and hugged... she flew all the way from California just to spend my 30th birthday weekend with me! It couldn't have been more perfect!
After that Jamie, Ivan, Kim, Jed and Thomas all showed up and the drinks really started flowing! After we closed down McCarthy's at 1230a we headed to Nicks Bar. They played decent music, the crowd was semi small (especially for Friday night) and we just hung out on their patio.
Day two. August 30th, 2008. My 30th Birthday!! I woke up feeling mighty good... especially seeing as how I was now officially a part of the "thirty" crowd.
We got dressed, I opened some gifts (Diamond earrings from my hubby, Tiffany necklace from Rachie, OSU and Cincinnati Goetta T-shirt from val, makeup from Jamie!!) and we headed down to McCarthy's (once again) to watch the OSU football game! Jamie and Matt had driven up that morning and met us at the bar! I was so excited to see them! After the Buckeye's destroyed the Penguins (46-0) we headed back to the hotel for a little R&R.
After the girls got all dolled up, we headed to the Jet Express which would take us to Put-In-Bay. We were looking H-O-T-T!
We started the evening off at the Gazebo Bar. We grabbed some dinner, started on the shots, and that was all she wrote! Needless to say, my legs still hurt from all of that dancing that I was doing. Totally worth it! We partied thru the evening until midnight, when we had to go back to the Jet Express.
All in all it was, by far, the best birthday that I have ever had. Thank you to all of my amazing friends and family that celebrated this big day with me. It meant more that you know! And to my sister, you are the best big "little" sister that a girl could ask for. In you I have a sister, a best friend, a role model and someone whom I am truly blessed to have in my life. I thank you for that.
So, for all of my friends that are nearing the grand ol' age of 30... no need to worry. Forget 30 being the new 20. Simply put... 30 is the shit!!
Tuesday, September 2, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
haha!! I love it! I'm so glad you had a great birthday and happy we could spend it with you! Seriously, no 20 year old can shake that ass like you can. :)
muah!
Now send me those pics!
Post a Comment