Wednesday, September 2, 2009

HELLOOOO football season...

So as much as I absolutely adore the summer... I am so ready for fall weather, the changing of leaves, Eddie's ah-maz-ing chili, warm and fuzzy sweaters, and of course, ohio state football. It just doesn't get any better than that!
I cannot believe that September has already arrived. Where oh where has the time gone to? I remember my looooong awaited countdown to Hawaii. That vacation has long come and gone. Since Hawaii the rest of my summer has just seemed like one HUGE blur. So many things happening at once.
Rachel came home like a million times - which I will NEVER EVER complain about. So not only did I spend a week with her in paradise, but she was home in June for Comfest, and again in August for our mom's 60th birthday celebration. I am hoping to see her and Bri this coming winter as well :)
I just celebrated my 31st birthday (what happened to 30?!) this past Sunday, August 30th, and needless to say, I partied a little differently this year (tee hee hee).
I can't believe that I am 31. Don't get me wrong, I am cool with 31... I just can't believe that number is coming out of my mouth. Eddie and I started dating on the cusp of my 26th birthday - I was so young back then, and didn't even know it.
But onto a different, more interesting conversation...
the Buckeyes.
It's that time of year in good ole' Columbus Ohio. The air has a slight crisp in the evening and the smell of football is in full effect. I love the way the the leaves change on Neil Ave. Nothing gets better than football Saturday.
I used to be quite the tailgater, but as the years have passed I am sort of just over that whole scene. Unless it's a huge game - like the OSU vs USC game, which we will be out of town for - I prefer to watch it at home with some good food and good friends or at a low key bar. Campus is crazy and the students seem to get crazier by the year. My time of craziness and drunken afternoons has passed... Eddie, on the other hand, will be in the midst of the beer, crowds, drunks and craziness until he's 80. He is a devout fan. God bless him!
Best of luck to our favorite Buckeyes. Here's to an absolutely perfect season!

No comments: