Tuesday, July 7, 2009

The Legend. The King. Michael Jackson.

Growing up, Michael Jackson was by far my favorite person to watch. Dance. Sing. Perform. I even had pictures of him in my closet that I would kiss every night before going to bed. I was the epitome of an 80's child and wanted, so badly, to learn every single one of his fly dance moves. I wasn't allowed to watch the Thriller video at my Grandma Sprinkle's house... she said that it was the devil. She was so wrong. Amazing was what it was. Yes, I will admit that I would hide my eyes at certain parts of the video and that scary laugh at the end... still gives me goosebumps to this day.

So, in paying homage to this incredibly talented man, I say this: Michael, you were adored by millions - all over this world. It has always been my lifelong dream to see you in concert one day. Although that won't happen, your music will continue to live on. Your dance moves may be copied but will never be the real thing. You were a one of a kind man and I respected you to the utmost. I hope that you find peace and solace in your life now... and are finally able to rest. You will always be, my king of pop. My cultural icon.



Michael Jackson, 1958-2009

No comments: