Friday, June 12, 2009

Back to life, back to reality...

Back to reality it is. No more aloha time for me.
I was in tropical hawaiian paradise for 7 ah-maz-ing days only to come back to life... back to reality. Let me just tell you, it is my destiny to live amongst the mountains and beaches of Maui. Beauty pours from the mountain tops and touches you when you swim in the crystal clear waters of the Pacific. The people are wonderful and esquiste. There is something to be said when you're out on an island, in the middle of nowhere, surrounded by all of nature's beauty at her finest. So, Eddie and I have made up our minds... when we retire, at the ripe ol' age of 65 (not kidding!!), we will move there. We truly had the time of our lives. And we couldn't think of anyone better than my sister, Rachel, and brother-in-law, Brian, to share this experience with. We stayed in a beautiful private home in Lahaina town. It had a master bedroom, a second bedroom, and a guest bedroom with a pullout sofa. Two full bathrooms - plus an outdoor shower which I LOVED - a fully equipped kitchen, dining room, and living room with a 52'' plasma tv. In the front of the house, we were greeted by beautiful hibiscus bushes, exotic flowers, and a hammock swing :) Out back was where the party was at! A wonderful pool and spa, a fabulous patio area and a grill for grilling our fresh fish! And it was all ours for 7 days!! Did we just die and go to heaven? Facing the west were the Maui mountains... I loved how the clouds would hover over them amid the blue skies...Everything from the sunsets... to the mai tais... to the fresh fish... to the beautiful black rock beaches... to the welcoming people... it was all so perfect. I already can't wait to go back!

We're already planning next years vacation... COSTA RICA 2010 HERE WE COME!!
Mahalo


























































































































































2 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh, such beautiful pictures! I'm glad you had a good time. We're thinking of Hawaii for our honeymoon!

Jamie said...

aw, so fun! i'm glad you had a wonderful vaction and beautiful 1 year anniversary!! :)